In chemistry, a solution is a homogeneous mixture composed of only one phase. In such a mixture, a solute is a substance dissolved in another substance, known as a solvent. The solvent does the dissolving. The solution more or less takes on the characteristics of the solvent including its phase, and the solvent is commonly the major fraction of the mixture. The concentration of a solute in a solution is a measure of how much of that solute is dissolved in the solvent. Homogeneous means that the components of the mixture form a single phase. The properties of the mixture (such as concentration, temperature, and density) can be uniformly distributed through the volume but only in absence of diffusion phenomena or after their completion. Usually, the substance present in the greatest amount is considered the solvent. Solvents can be gases, liquids, or solids. One or more components present in the solution other than the solvent are called solutes. The solution has the same physical state…
If you are testing something new, there is always chance to break things, that's why you should always have a fail-safe system. Thing is sometime situation could be a bit different. I decide to test “WP-Rocket”, so disabled W3 Total Cache. I will write a separate article about my experience with “WP-Rocket”. Soon, when I decide to revert back to W3 Total Cache, I started to get weird errors, here I will explain how I solved it.
split() is a very common PHP function. Here I am not going to discuss its usage. But I will give a super simple solution for the error “Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated“. This error is annoying, and will happen to everyone using split() function. So, keep reading for the super easy solution.
Why We Are Getting This Error Suddenly?
preg_split(), which uses a Perl-compatible regular expression syntax, is often a faster alternative to split(). If you don't require the power of regular expressions, it is faster to use explode(), which doesn't incur the overhead of the regular expression engine.
I wrote about W3 Total Cache 0.9.2.7 issue, which caused few issues including MaxCDN custom domain name not working. Frederick, the plugin author was fast enough to release updated version 0.9.2.8, but it caused a Fatal error like below, and here I will show a quick workaround to fix the issue.
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'FileOperationException' with message '<strong>/public_html/wp-content/w3tc-config/master.php</strong> could not be created, please run following command:<br /><ul><li><strong style="color: #f00;">chmod 777 /public_html/wp-content/cache/tmp</strong></li><li><strong style="color: #f00;">chmod 777 /public_html/wp-content/w3tc-config</strong></li>' in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/inc/functions/activation.php:127 Stack trace: #0 /public_html/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/W3/ConfigWriter.php(159): w3_throw_on_write_error('/...', Array) #1 /public_html/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/W3/Config.php(71): W3_ConfigWriter->save() #2 /public_html/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/W3/CloudFlare.php(174): W3_Config->save() #3 /public_html/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/W3/Plugin/CloudFlare.php(52): W3_CloudFlare->update_ip_ranges() #4 /h in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/inc/functions/activation.php on line 127