Notepad++ 4.0 RC2
Great Tool. SuperB And Brave Tools For removing dependence on Windows Notepad and its more sufficient then WorldPad. Great news for programer. Its Contain All most all kind of Language editor.
Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the MS Windows environment.
This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
This project is mature. However, as you can see it's a one-man-project, there are still some bugs and missing features. If you have any question or suggestion about this project, please post them on the forums. As well, if you have any feature requests, you can always make the demand, but there’s no guarantee that I’ll implement it.
No need to install just extract and run the ‘notepad++.exe ‘. And for opening associate file with Notepad++ by default
Method 1. Select file type in folder option and for associatig file show the location of ‘notepad++.exe' and you done.
Method 2. Right click or open properties of desired type of file and in option of ‘Open with' locate the ‘notepad++.exe'
Here are the features of Notepad++ :
|Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding|
|User Defined Syntax Highlighting|
|Regular Expression Search/Replace supported|
|Full Drag ‘N' Drop supported|
|Dynamic position of Views|
|File Status Auto-detection|
|Zoom in and zoom out|
|Multi-Language environment supported|
|Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting|
|Macro recording and playback|
– Add Docking feature for plugin dialogs.
– Fix the bug that current “open” and “save as” directory are inchanged with the shortcut Ctrl+Tab.
– Fix the bug that the new added languages in v3.9 can not be hidden from the language menu.
– Fix the volatile search direction bug.
– Fix the Tab display problem.
– Add Haskell, InnoSetup languages support.
– Add the option to open/save files in the last operation directory.
– Enhance Document switcher (MRU and switch crossing view abilities)
– Fix “Find Next” unicode bug for Find Replce Dialog.
– Support Unicode in displayed result of Find in files & Find in all opened files.
– Add Reload from disk feature.