Foxit Reader is a free reader for PDF documents. You can view and print PDF documents with it.
The download size is around 1MB, so you can download it quickly. It doesn’t need any lengthy installation, so you can start to run it as soon as you can download it.
And it starts up immediately, so you don’t need to wait the annoying “Welcome” screen to disappear.
- What’s New
- Foxit Reader 2.0 is just released. This new version introduces many exciting features, including multi-language UI, dynamic downloading of add-ons, form filler, better look and feel and much more.
- New In Foxit Reader 3.0.1312
- - This build improves compatibility with printers and increases printing speed to Postscript printer.
- It also fixes several bugs, including bugs for non-western, non-cjk fonts.
| Price Info
| User Manual
-The main problem People claim is its slow if
Foxit Reader 2.0 is a free PDF document viewer and printer, with incredible small size (only 1.5 M download size), breezing-fast launch speed and amazingly rich feature set. Foxit Reader 2.0 supports Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/2003. Its core function is compatible with PDF Standard 1.6.
In the past, you have to download a huge PDF Reader from other software company, go through a lengthy installation process and wait for an annoying splash window to disappear just to open a PDF document. Moreover, if you want to annotate a PDF document, you have to pay US$299 to buy certain PDF software.
Now with Foxit Reader 2.0, you don’t have to endure such pain any more. The following is a list of compelling advantages of Foxit Reader 2.0:
- Incredibly small: The download size of Foxit Reader is only 1.5 M which is a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 M size
- Breezing-fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
- Annotation tool: Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader 2.0 allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
- Text converter: You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
- High security and privacy: Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to Internet without users’ permission. While other PDF Reader often silently connects to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware or adware.
Foxit Reader 2.0 introduces many exciting new features listed below:
- Interactive form filler: Now you don’t have to print out PDF forms first and then manually fill out paper forms. Instead, you can use PC to fill out interactive forms directly, and then print them out, save them, email them or export the form data into FDF file for further processing.
- Multi-language UI that can be dynamically switched: The user interface of Foxit Reader now can be switched to different languages dynamically, thanks to the generous help from our user community.
- On-demand download of add-on: With add-ons, the function of Foxit Reader can be extended unlimitedly. Advanced feature modules and seldom-used modules are packed as add-on to be downloaded when needed.
- Self-upgrade: In the past, when you want to upgrade Foxit Reader, you have to frequently visit Foxit website, check for new release, and then manually download the new version, uninstall the old version and re-install the new version. Now this whole process is simplified and you only need to click on the menu item “Check for update now”.
- Improved printing speed: Printing a PDF file with many images on it to a PostScript printer used to be slow. Version 2.0 has been optimized for such printing.
- Streamlined UI: Version 2.0 comes with a neat UI. Annotation tool buttons are grouped together and no longer being showed on several toolbars.
Foxit Reader 2.0 itself is free. As to add-ons, the critical add-ons are free while advanced add-ons are non-free. For example, you can use the following functions for free:
- View or print PDF document
- Fill out PDF forms and save them
- View PDF as text
- Critical add-ons, such as UI language package, JPEG2000/JBIG decoder, CJK package, GDI+ for early Windows version, etc
Foxit Reader is a multi-window and self-explanative software, the main work area is divided into view areas including Document pane and Bookmark pane, and functional areas including Menu bar, Toolbar pane and Status bar. The Bookmark pane and the Toolbar pane can be easily hidden or shown by the shortcut keys “ALT+1″ and “F8″ respectively.
The Menu bar and the Toolbar is at the top of the view areas; The Menu bar gives you the full access to all features of the Foxit Reader, and the Toolbar provides access to the frequently- used commands and facilitates your work with the document.
The Bookmark pane helps you browse through current PDF document and/or jump to an extended page.
The Status bar is at the bottom of the view areas. You can use the navigation controls to quickly navigate through the document, and use the page layout icon change the view mode.