I am not claiming i am Vista Fan, but i obviously dont hate Vista Like lots people. I think most people hate Vista Because they dont have Good enough Hardware support to run Vista Smoothly.
I like Vista & Upcomming Windows 7 also.
Recently i Faced a problem with Vista.
Vista Event Notification Service error
I had few antivirus, Spyware Tools, System Blocker in my system. Some how one of this applications blocked a few very important component service. I first noticed while i tried to start Media Player Classic as usual. But it did not start as usual. I got one very interesting error, it did not even started. Says “AFXsocketinit failed”. Then i found some other error too. I restarted my system and got lots other error.
1. Long time to boot and initialization. It almost hanged there for like 10-15 Min, after inputting login data.
2. I Find a way to login, just Click Ctrl + Alt + Del, select Task Manager, for me then i got into Vista, but all service initilized so slowly, and got one msz “Failed to connect to a Windows service. Windows could not connect to the system event notification service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the system event log for details about why the service didn’t respond.”
3. No Network Card or any other network Component.
4. Cant Initialized Nero 9, Also i figured out none of the Utility working which needs interter to Start Up, like Power DVD, Nero and many others.
5.I tried to start Even Notification from Control Panel, its cant be done.
6. Cant enable many service from Running service, Task Manager & msconfig.
7. Running sfc in both normal and safe mode does not helped for me.
Lol, I was Planing to reinstall the System then i find out world’s easiest solution.
1.Go to “Start” -> “All Programs” -> “Accessories”
2. Right click On “Command Prompt”
3. Select “Run as administrator”
4. This “Command Prompt” Called “elevated command prompt”
5. Type this Exact Code, “NETSH WINSOCK RESET CATALOG”
6. Restart the system.
7. Everything will be fixed.
Give thanks to those guys